Bridles & bits for horses
Clean and grease regularly your bridles well. It keeps the leather supple and the bridle feels better for your horse or pony.
The horse bits
give your commands through to the horse and are used for a more sophisticated communication with your horse. When buying a bit you should pay attention in particular to the width of the horse bit
. It should be wide enough, because when ti is too narrow, the bit irritates the mouth. It should not be too wide also, otherwise it "saws" the mouth. Be sure the rings of the bit are conntected neatly against the cheeks of your horse.
Here is a selection of leather halters, nylon halters, lead ropes and fly veils. Various sizes are available. Please pay attention to the fact that each horse is different. These sizes are given as a guide.
- Mini: foal
- Shetty: for Shetland ponies and other small ponies to 1.10 meters
- Pony: pony of 1.10 to 1.35 meters
- Cob: for ponies and horses from 1.35 to 1.60 meters
- Full: for horses from 1.60 to 1.75 meters
- X-full: for large horses and horses with very large heads