Does your horse suffers from any of these symptoms:
- Nose flux
- Condition Loss
These are common symptoms for horses that has problems with respiration
. It is often difficult to determine in horses when it is a harmless cough or when the vet should be called. We always advise, when in doubt or when your horse makes fever, notify your veterinarian.
However, there are many influences that cause respiratory problems
which we have no control of. We have a wide range of supplements that support and promote your horse's respiratory system
and immunity. These supplements can help your horse tremendously in case of allergies such as dust.
Also, you may also take additional measures to minimize dust in the vicinity of your horse. Some ideas are:
- Give a coughing horse the necessary rest
- Replace the straw in the barn with wood shavings as straw contains dust, mold and mites
- The horse should not get more dry hay. If you still want to continue to use hay, then immerse it in a basin of water before feeding it
- Give preferably a good quality of feed
- Keeps the stable dustfree
- Ensure a good ventilation in the barn
- Avoid drafts in the stable
- Muck out regularly, preferably daily
Prevention is an important issue to avoid cough problems.
Additional nutritional supplements slimes horses - Supplements for horses to support a freer breathing - Vitamins for horses with problems with respiration
Additional supplements for horses with respiratory problems